Friday, March 09, 2012

A Lost Voice

For the past – almost – year, I have had the honor of participating in a very enlightening project supported, moderated, and based by Goethe Institute in Cairo which is Transit!

Through Transit, I was able to exchange experiences, thoughts, and even questions and worries with a different – yet rich – group of Arab and German bloggers.

My work was read in both Arabic and German in the time when speaking up was a challenge.
I was given the bless of the voice!

Then suddenly the blog, all the posts, everything was gone!
No one can confirm if this is related to the recent attack against NGO’s and support systems in Egypt for the freedom of speech, especially that foreigners were targeted more than others.

I am here sending a request to everyone who can help spreading the word that there was a window for screaming voices and broken dreams of people fighting injustice, tyranny and corruption … is lost!
And I ask you to do whatever you can to help

Thanks



No comments: